When come to seo image optimization fro blogger blogs Frankly speaking they have very poor seo image optimization than WordPress blogs. It doesn’t mean that blogger blogs can’t be optimized like WordPress blogs but you have to put some extra effort and need to be a pro in Blogspot.So lets get started with Image Optimization Tips and Tricks.
What are the Disadvantages of Blogger when coming to SEO image optimization:
- In Blogger there is no such plugin or widget using which you can give alt title tags for the images.
- You cannot compress the image size automatically.
- In Blogger blogs there is no way to crop images to fit the layout of the blog.
These are the major disadvantages of default blogger platform taking into consideration of Image Optimization.There are few other disadvantages which you will understand after reading the whole article.
In this article I will be explaining all the Tips using which you can make your images very much SEO friendly and you will be overcoming all the above disadvantages.
How To Make Images SEO Friendly in Blogger Blogs?
1. ReSize Images Properly:
I see most of the newbies upload images directly without cropping the images.After uploading a image to blogger it will give you few options like Medium,Original,Large and X-Large.Always keep original size because if you use the other options like Medium or Large then image quality will be lost.
- The best tool I recommend you for cropping images online is cropp.me.
- For offline cropping and editing Adobe Photoshop is the best tool which I regularly use.
Note:Always remember that your image size should not be larger than the width of the post body.If your image is larger than the post body then the image will be hidden behind your widget or it may overlap with your widgets.By default it is recommended to keep the image size less than 580px.
2. Compress Images Before you Upload to Blogger:
Blog load time is one of the important factor.So to reduce the load time of the blog you have to upload images which are light weight.
If you upload any image to blogger by default blogger takes the original size of the image and it will have a huge impact on your blog load time.
So,first you have to compress images using Yahoo Smushit.
- I always see that Yahoo Smushit goes down and takes alot of time for uploading and downloading.
- The best alternate tool for smush.it is Puny.Png.I was using this tool since couple of weeks and has a great compression ratio.I personally feel this tool is far better than Yahoo Smushit.
3. Add Alt Title Tags for Images:
Alt Tag:If your image goes down or becomes unavailable then the image space will be filled with this Alt Tag.
Title Tag:When you hover over a image.The keyword(s) appearing on the image is the Title Tag.
Alt Title tags play a very important role for better ranking of your images in Search Results.
To Add Alt Tags And Title Tags., Click on Image and you can see the navigation bar
Now Name the image properly in Alt and Title text with concerned name.
4. Avoid Giving Spaces for Images and Pictures names:For example if you are writing a post on Making Money Online and you want to show a image that resembles Making Money Online. Now you will give name as Making Money Online. But it is recommended to avoid spaces because these spaces are generally replaced by %20 and doesn’t has any value when it comes to SEO. So, it is better to replace space with ‘-’ or ‘+’.
Instead of Making Money Online name it as Make+Money+Online or Make-Money-Online.